In looking back on my first few service experiences with my DNP program I have found them to be exciting and rewarding. The philosophy of service is a special one for in giving to others we gain so much ourselves.
Hello Janet, I love the picture of you and the family! Your sevice learning sounds so rewarding. This is a great way to give back to your community. I am sure the new nurse at the long-term care facility appreciates your help. Long-term care is also near and dear to my heart. I started my nursing career as a CNA many years ago in a long-term care facility when I was still in high school. Those are wonderful memories. I look forward to following your blog. Ruth
Janet This is a very clever and unique project. I believe the extended care and nursing home facilities could benefit greatly with simulation and get into the "learning mode" in a safe setting. I teach with simulation to undergraduates and nurses at the hospital and the nurses are tough customers. They believe the mannequins to be Resusci-Annie! It is a challenge to engage them I look forward to following your progress. This is a great project and will make a difference. Julie Benz
I look forward to hearing how this project progresses Are you planning on continuing with this project? Many times people tend to forget about this population. The elderly is a special group of people. Have a wonderful day! Ruth
Hi Ruth, Yes I think I am going to keep trying. The elderly population is a special group of people and the new nrs. adm. could use some help in planning and implementing some more training for her staff. And I hope to be that help. Thanks for your questions and comments. Janet W
5 comments:
Excellent blog - Questions answered thoughtfully. MG
Hello Janet,
I love the picture of you and the family! Your sevice learning sounds so rewarding. This is a great way to give back to your community. I am sure the new nurse at the long-term care facility appreciates your help. Long-term care is also near and dear to my heart. I started my nursing career as a CNA many years ago in a long-term care facility when I was still in high school. Those are wonderful memories. I look forward to following your blog.
Ruth
Janet
This is a very clever and unique project. I believe the extended care and nursing home facilities could benefit greatly with simulation and get into the "learning mode" in a safe setting. I teach with simulation to undergraduates and nurses at the hospital and the nurses are tough customers. They believe the mannequins to be Resusci-Annie! It is a challenge to engage them I look forward to following your progress. This is a great project and will make a difference.
Julie Benz
Janet,
I look forward to hearing how this project progresses Are you planning on continuing with this project? Many times people tend to forget about this population. The elderly is a special group of people. Have a wonderful day!
Ruth
Hi Ruth,
Yes I think I am going to keep trying. The elderly population is a special group of people and the new nrs. adm. could use some help in planning and implementing some more training for her staff. And I hope to be that help. Thanks for your questions and comments.
Janet W
Post a Comment